Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Initial Impressions

Sorry for the delay on pictures.. my hard drive decided that it wanted to die yesterday so I am waiting on Dell to send me a new one. Luckily my pictures are still saved on my camera!I would have been sick if I had lost them.

I am enjoying our apartment and the area! The apartment is pretty and quiet- and full of kids! It seems like the whole city of Roseville has kids or is pregnant. Its fun to have them running around the neighborhood- much better than rude, loud college-age people. There is a key to everything at our apartment- the gate, the pool, the garage, the business center- I feel important with so many keys! Also, the yellow lights are really fast- and there is a $386 (random number!?) fine for running red lights. I think we are not going to get internet since there are computers at the apt center and internet is like $60/mo. and so far we don’t get any channels on our TV w/o cable service.. hopefully when we plug in the VCR we will at least get a few! Otherwise our apartment will be completely free of media influence ;) — which could be a good thing.

I looked into getting my CA drivers license and tags today.. the DMV takes appointments, of which there were none til next tuesday, and you have to bring every piece of documentation known to man. I guess its good for preventing random people from getting licenses and stuff, but kinda annoying too!

No comments:

Post a Comment