Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring has Sprung

There has been a lot going on in the garden plot lately.  Sorry I don't have any pics. My camera battery is dead and I haven't had time to go get another.  Here is a list of whats growing (or at least not dying):

  • Corn: planted about a month ago; sprouted two weeks ago; about 5-6 inches high now

  • Tomatoes: planted a couple weeks ago, growing pretty well; still waiting for them to get bigger before I 'string' them

  • Basil: Growing well; still covered with plastic jug, just in case it gets cold

  • Cilantro: One pathetic little plant

  • Peppers: planted with the tomatoes; red, orange, purple and hot varieties; growing slow but not dead

  • Sunflowers: planted with the corn; sprouted at different times so lots of different sizes

  • Peas: not very many sprouted, but the ones that did are growing well- I can see the beginning of flowers

  • Strawberries: got free from my neighbor; growing well- lots of green strawberries

  • Rosemary: growing like CRAZY!

  • Swiss Chard: just transplanted today

  • Lettuce and Spinach: very happy in their baskets; I've eaten several yummy salads!

  • Peppermint: happy in the basket; I had some peppermint tea last night!

  • Oregano: happy in the basket

  • Marigolds: blooming!

  • Crimson clover: leftover cover crop is blooming; I should probably turn it in but the flowers are so pretty!

  • I believe thats all!


This weekend is PICNIC DAY!!! so. excited.  I am most excited about free plants.  If the PES dept doesn't do that again this year I will be crushed.   I also will be at the BAE poster from 1-2 and Biotech exhibit from 2-4! Come say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment