Thursday, July 3, 2008

Harvest

This week has been very exciting! I have harvested corn, a pepper, cucumbers, potatoes and onions.




That bottom one is pretty pathetic.  Only like 20 of the kernels got pollinated.  Since then I have harvested several more ears that have looked much nicer. They got eaten so fast I didn't even get pictures.



Cucumbers!  This is the first of two so far.  It was yummy.



I made a chicken wire lined bed for root crops.  Yesterday I dug up everything in there.   That strange looking thing on the bottom left is a carrot.  It got smooshed up against the chicken wire and looks like a mutant.  A couple of the potatoes were giants- even bigger than the originals.  We ate them last night for dinner :)  I love the color of the onions- haven't tasted those yet though.



I am impatiently waiting for my tomatoes to ripen.   There are like 5 billion green tomatoes but none of them are ripening! boo.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! My cucumber plant gave me one cucumber and then wilted away. I fear that I over watered. I am now trying something called lemon cucumber. Ever try it?

    ReplyDelete