Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend.. well, Saturday, we went to Muir Woods! There are Redwoods there and lots of hiking trails. Overall a good trip. This picture is hilarious. It looks like I'm picking a wedgie and trying to look inconspicuous but I'm really trying to hide the bag of trail mix I'm holding while getting distracted by a couple walking by.
Here is Derrick being eaten by a Redwood!..
So anyway, about 2 more weeks of classes, 7 things remaining on my to-do list for the quarter and I am done! I always say that like I'm really done when in reality it just starts all over again, but you gotta have short term goals or everything will get overwhelming.

Garden Update: There are flowers on my tomato bushes!! flowers = future tomatoes!! Last week I had a slight emergency - cucumber beetles were eating up my cucumbers, beans and sunflowers. It was kinda depressing b/c I didn't have time to deal with it until Friday and everytime I came to water there was more and more damage. But I got some row covers on everything Friday morning and things seem to be recovering. My salad greens seem to especially like the row cover. They have been growing like crazy. I tried to eat some tonight but they were way bitter. I think I need to pick younger leaves or something. Maybe they get to hot under the cover..?

No comments:

Post a Comment