Friday, August 4, 2006

New Old Bike!

I am the proud new owner of a Free Spirit Brittany bicycle! It was only(?) $55! I’m not really sure if I got ripped off or not but it was the cheapest non-mountain bike that I could find. Plus it should be an great commuter bike- fenders to keep (most of) the mud/gunk off me, a rack to carry stuff on, a more comfy seat, smooth tires and its blue!

As you can probably tell I’m slightly excited. I am almost one week down, 2 weeks to go of Derrick being gone! I’m going to Wilmington in until Sunday afternoon when the gals are coming over for a pool party!

I heard a cool thing on Klove the other day, Sunday actually. It was the guy from Rivers of the World and he was telling a story about how there were these kids working on houses and a government official asked them weren’t they tired!? The little boy replied “My God gives me endless strength!” WoW! That was especially poignant (is that how you spell it?) since I was freaking out about how I was EVER going to survive 3 weeks without Derrick. So I claimed it- God will give me endless strength! And so far he has provided as promised :) I still would rather Derrick be here or me be there but we are surviving joyfully. Praise God.

1 comment: