Monday, July 27, 2009

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Last night I dreamed that I was wandering around some neighborhood at night with a bunch of random people that I knew- some from high school, some from college, Derrick, and probably some others.  I do remember that I knew them all.  So we're walking around and then someone says "hey! lets go visit Heather Armstrong!" and I'm like "uhhh guys its the middle of the night and she has a newborn."  Never mind the fact that none of us actually know her and she lives in Utah.   So apparently no one cared about what I thought because it was agreed that we would go visit.  We go up to what is the Armstrong's house in my dream which just happened to be right around the corner.  We go to the side door.  The porch light is on but the house is dark otherwise.  The leader of our fearless group knocks on the door.  We hear bumping and cursing and then someone answers the door.  There is mumbling between our leader and whoever answered the door.  We are invited in!  The house is homey and kinda dark, reminds me of your grandparents house.  Then- Heather and Jon start serving us ice cream! I love ice cream! But then I start to feel guilty.  Because Jon and Heather don't have a dishwasher!!  They are going to have to wash ALL these dishes after we leave!  Derrick is also feeling guilty so we start collecting all the dishes and washing them by hand.  Everyone else is leaving but we just keep washing dishes.  There was like a never ending pile of ice cream dishes.  Then I woke up.

THE END.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, even in your dreams you and Derrick are considerate :)

    ReplyDelete