Thursday, May 8, 2008

Beetles and Sprouts

The past week in the garden has been very exciting!  Here's a list:

  • Planted soy, black and lima beans; limas and soy are mostly up; still waiting on the black beans

  • Planted clover in back beds

  • Planted pumpkins and watermelon; came up yesterday

  • Cucumber beetles (spotted and striped) are out with a vengence (as of May 1). I squished lots of them as they nibbled on my sunflowers.  When their numbers seemed to dwindle I put my actual cucumbers out. So far so good

  • Bought hot (chile and something else) and chocolate bell pepper plants to replace those lost to frost.

  • Bought fluffy pyramid flower plants to add some color.

  • My tomatoes have flowers!!!!!!!

  • I have peas!!!!!!!!

  • I'm only mildly excited about those last two..


So everything is gradually greening up and filling in all the empty space.  yay! I will try to post some pics eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment