Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pottery!

I've been taking a wheel throwing class at the campus craft center and I took home my first finished pieces on Sunday! They are in order of creation. I love the white glaze on the inside of this first bowl.

100_2345.jpg 100_2347.jpg


This glaze was supposed to be the brown and green thats at the top. I think it got contaminated with the blue, but I like the way it turned out.

100_2339.jpg 100_2340.jpg


This is my accidental pitcher. I bumped the rim when I was taking it off the wheel so I made it into a pitcher.

100_2341.jpg 100_2342.jpg


This is a cute little bowl. The glaze is kinda weird- bubbly in some spots. Oh well, still functional :)

100_2343.jpg 100_2344.jpg


Last week we learned closed forms and I'm so addicted.

3 comments:

  1. nice pots! i haven't thrown anything since novemberish when my belly got too big to bend over the wheel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm still a sophmore in high school and i'm learning how to make closed forms right now. they seem so hard. plz post a pic a one of ur closed forms. i've only seen Val Cushing's closed forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiana,
    I don't really have any pictures of my closed forms as closed forms- they both got cut apart to make lidded jars. Sorry! Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete